Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Top 10 Reasons I Love to Crochet - Reason #10:

Last year I posted a series of posts about my top 10 crochet pet peeves. And even though there can be annoyances or frustrations, I really do love to crochet. The benefits definitely outweigh the frustrations. So this year I'm beginning a series of posts about what I love about crocheting with:

Reasons I Love To Crochet- Reason # 10:

It's a Great Weight Loss Program!!!!

I know this sounds odd since nothing seems to get much of a work out except my fingers, but there are many more weight loss advantages beyond what's at your finger tips. Just think about all the hours that could be spent walking up and down the aisles at the craft store, reaching high and bending low to check out that ball of yarn that caught your attention.


But it's not just the exercise ... it's also a great way to keep that calorie intake in check!

I don't know about you, but I find it pretty easy to get into some pretty unhealthy eating habits late into the evening. At the end of a long day, sitting in front of the television can be a great way to unwind and let go of the days happenings. But for me, it also becomes a time to eat some snacks. And no matter how good my healthy eating intentions may be, this is also the time of day I find myself craving those cookies or chips and dip. But not so when I'm working on a crochet project I'm eager to finish. My unhealthy cravings seem to disappear, and I seldom even get the though of a cookie when I'm unwinding in front of the T.V. with a crochet hook in hand!

See:
Reason #9
Reason # 8
Reason # 7
Reason # 6
Reason # 5
Reason #4
Reason #3

No comments:

Post a Comment