Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Stitchin' & Complainin' - Pet Peeve #1!

So here it is ... my biggest, most frustrating experience in the world of crochet!

Pet Peeve #1 - Discontinued Yarns!!!

There is nothing I find more frustrating than a favorite type of yarn becoming discontinued! 

Just prior to writing this post I checked out the website of one of my most used brands of yarn. Looking through their yarns and threads I counted 41 types that are discontinued. Really ... 41! Almost makes me nervous to purchase from them.

And there doesn't seem to be ant warning either, just suddenly marked "Discontinued." Although I do have a system, if I check out one of their yarns and it seems like 8 out of the 10 color options are "Out of Stock" chances are this yarn, too, is on the chopping block.


Check out my other Crochet Pet Peeves:

#10 Standard Hook Sizes!?!
#9 Unraveling That Work...
#8 Not Quite Enough Yarn...
#7 Different Stitch Names in Different Countries!
#6 Not Enough of a Dye Lot!
#5 Dye Lots! Why?
#4: Not Enough Time...
#3: Knotted or Discolored Yarns
#2: Unclear Pattern Instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment