Wednesday, November 18, 2015

A Collection of Free Christmas Crochet Patterns!

I have searched the internet, so you don't have to, and found over 70 free patterns (that caught my eye)  to crochet for Christmas. I found so many that I'm eager to try that I divided them up into 6 different categories, 12 free patterns for each category. Just so you know, some of the patterns are not specifically created for Christmas, but with a little fun they sure can look like they were!

Stockings to Stuff!
Fun Christmas Wearables!
For the Tree!
Decorate Your Home for the Holidays!
Gift Bags & Baskets!
"Tis The Reason!

 Scroll down to see each category. CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO BE REDIRECTED TO THE FREE PATTERN (which will open in a new window).

Stockings to Stuff!

This is a 16" intermediate
level pattern.
This stocking uses bulky
weight yarn.
I love the look of
crocheted cables ... they give
this stocking a classy look!
What a great classic
looking stocking, made
entirely with single crochets.
Intermediate level pattern.
what a great look -
non-traditional colors!
Very easy pattern, and
the ruffle gives it a pretty
look, I think I'd do it in pink
This would be a great
addition for those who love
to decorate their homes
in the Victorian style.
This stocking is simpler to
make than it looks,
with very clear instructions.
Made with double crochets
and looks quick to work up.

I love the zigzags, and the
colors used. PDFs are given
for both US and UK terms.
Make a stocking for the
favorite family member of
home.
Read Heart has these two
great pet stocking patterns.


Fun Christmas Wearables!

What a cute hat, with
instructions from infant
to adult.
This pattern gives the
option of making
the cuff with bobble stitches.
Pattern is for sizes
newborn to adult.
Love the trim made with
fur yarn.
This is a great novelty
scarf. I think I'd even
make it longer and use
it as garland to decorate
the house.
This pattern also suggests
other colors to make this
scarf for different holidays.

I love the dangles on
this scarf.


The sweater pattern is
for 1 size. The embell-
isment are made with
felt and craft supplies.
OOPS! This one's a
knitting pattern. But
It's so cute I left it in
anyways.
Great hat pattern for
baby through adult.
Includes a video link
for extra help.
Pattern is written to fit
small to large dogs.
How Cute!
This is adorable, but there
is no way I'd get it on my cats.


For The Tree!


Decorate your Home for the Holidays!



Gift Bags & Baskets!

Okay these are not all specifically designed for Christmas, but with the right colors and a bow or two they would work great. I really am considering making three of the spa baskets, joining them together to make a great Advent calendar basket to put small treats or toys in!



'Tis The Reason!

Some great ideas for Christmas or all year round. Make the birds (last 2 patterns) in white for peace dove tree ornaments. Add ribbon to the Cross Bookmark patterns to hang on the tree as an ornament or to top a gift ... string a row of crosses together to make garland. I'm going to make a set of Wrapped in His Love Cuffs, trimmed in red and use them as Christmas napkin rings.


No comments:

Post a Comment